PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "Set Access Control"

Peter Gysegem
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I tried adding Set Access Control to my script in 6.5.1852 and could find no help or documentation on this script item. I have no idea what to enter where. Also, the Root: (registry key root selection) is disabled even if I select a registry-related operation.

I also cannot find documentation on "Releases." How does one use these? What are they good for?

I know some of this should be obvious and is probably just me who fails to understand it.:confused: Still, some documentation would help.

Thanks,

Peter Gysegem
Beaver Creek Software

linder
05-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Peter,

We have already fixed the "disabled registry key root" problem. We'll make a patch available soon.

BTW, please make sure you have the latest documentation and press F1 from within the IDE.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
05-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Peter,

A workaround is to define the "User" first and then select a registry-related operation. This will enable "Root".

HTH,

Friedrich

Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

Unregistered
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Does this help?

Thanks, that helps a lot. Somehow I never noticed that there was a separate Help menu selection for documentation updates.

Peter

Peter Gysegem
05-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Friedrich,

Sorry about the other reply, I hadn't logged in yet and didn't notice until after I posted it.

I notice that when I set permissions in XP directly, one of the user choices is Everyone. Do you know if that is a valid user for the Set Account Control? And will it make the permission active for all users?

Peter

linder
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Peter,

Yes, "Everyone" is valid. You can also use the SID (in this case it is: S-1-1-0)

"Everyone" is a group that includes all users, even anonymous users and guests. Membership is controlled by the Windows operating system.

The "Everyone" group no longer includes anonymous users on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Vista or Longhorn.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

Peter Gysegem
05-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you Friedrich

Yes, it helps.