PDA

View Full Version : Is there a code-signing cloud service that works easily with SB

RichBPL
01-20-2023, 01:11 AM
Is there a code-signing cloud service that works easily with SB

linder
01-20-2023, 03:30 AM
Hi Rich,

SetupBuilder has to use Microsoft SignTool to code-sign files. I Googled and found this:

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/signing-executables-with-microsoft-signtool-exe-using-aws-cloudhsm-backed-certificates

So in theory, it should be possible to implement something in SB to handle it. But we do not have a CloudHSM, so can't test it here. Do you have a HSM service? If you could provide us with the required command line for SignTool, then I would be more than happy to add this as an option to SetupBuilder 2023.

Friedrich

RichBPL
01-20-2023, 04:57 PM
Nope, I do not have any of the on-site hardware that will be required by CA's after June 1, 2023 for delivering OV and EV digital certificates.
(Receiving Digital Certs from CA's via download to normal devices (browser + thumb drive) seems to be going away on that date. )
So, I'm considering cloud service code signing, now.
We only use Azure, so I'd be looking at Azure code-signing service.

wtmullican
03-16-2023, 06:13 AM
We will also need a way to handle OV and EV digital certificates. I have gotten all the details but our corporate team is going to require this for our Tire Power software product. I will try and learn more very soon.

linder
03-17-2023, 04:46 AM
Terry,

SetupBuilder already supports EV digital certificates.

Friedrich

MarkRiffey
04-07-2023, 01:37 PM
We got CloudHSM working at AWS but it is very expensive, so for now, we are getting a new cert (a year before the old one expires) and hoping the industry solves this in a better way over the next 3 years.