You've finished your cool program and it's ready for distribution. Well, almost ready — you still need an installation program. It's a pain, but you know that without a state-of-the-art install program, all your hard work may never be noticed. In fact, without the proper install, your program may never even be used. The SetupBuilder Installation System lets you create a professional and sophisticated install program in a matter of hours, even if you have no programming experience at all.
If you demand the maximum flexibility to create professional, customized Windows installations, SetupBuilder has it all.
- Ready for Windows 10—SetupBuilder Developer Edition gets you ready for Windows 10 and Server 10. Compiled applications are Windows 10 aware and compliant to ensure that software gets installed properly. If an install/uninstall application is not Windows 10 aware, "Program Assistant Compatibility" mitigation may kick in.
- Start Menu and Start Screen Pinning—SetupBuilder Developer Edition lets you add application tiles to the Windows 10 Start menu and pin applications to the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 10 has returned the Start button to its original place: the lower-left part of the screen. Aside from the familiar feel of the Start menu, Microsoft has fused live tiles into the feature, giving it both a classic and fresh look.
- UAC Compliant—SetupBuilder gets you ready for the latest Windows operating systems. It provides support for important new Windows UAC security functionality and ensures that users are asked to authenticate themselves only once.
- Developer Edition provides support for 64-bit Windows—Build installations for both pure 64-bit applications and hybrid applications that mix 32-bit and 64-bit code.
- Enhanced Stub Loader Technology—Supports for an enhanced stub loader technology to ensure that the SetupBuilder produced .EXE applications have been built in compliance with Microsoft's Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) requirements and recommendations.
- Powerful Scripting Facility—With over 500 predefined setup-related functions in Developer Edition, the point-and-click SetupScript language gives you flexibility in any part of the installation, including user dialog sequence, file transfer, error handling, reboot, and even uninstallation. The powerful SetupScript language allows for conditional compilations so you can create a single script for installing various versions of your software; it opens a world of possibilities for your installation.
- Easily add complex Installation Logic—Installer design can be complex. Your installers need to install new versions of software, as well as detect and update existing versions. Developer Edition's architecture allows you to add this logic to your installers quickly and easily. Detect existing files and folders, read from the Windows Registry, validate user input with regular expressions, read system environment variables, compare variables, and make decisions based upon which Windows OS the installer is running.
- Visual Dialog Editor—Support for quickly customizing the user interface. You can use the Dialog Editor to create new dialogs from scratch for your SetupBuilder application. You can visually design dialogs and add items such as static text, text edit fields, graphics, checkboxes, radio buttons, push buttons, combo boxes, list boxes, and more!
- Extremely Easy to Use—Create complete installations in just minutes using SetupBuilder. Simply point and click your way to a professional installation using SetupBuilder's intuitive graphical interface. Build sophisticated and flexible installations quickly and easily. SetupBuilder is the fastest installation development tool available. With SetupBuilder, you can create a professional installation in less than 30 minutes.
- API Calling—API Calling gives you the ability to call Windows API or custom DLLs from your installation script without writing C code.
- Microsoft .NET Support—Register .NET Assembly in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), COM Interop Registration .NET Assemblies, and Create Native Image for .NET Assemblies.
- Firewall with Advanced Security Support—On computers that are running Windows Vista and later versions of Windows, including Windows 10. On Vista and above, SetupBuilder can support the three network location types: domain, public, and private.
- Authenticode Technology Support—Automatically sign application files, installation packages and the uninstall application with Microsoft Authenticode Digital IDs. Modern Windows operating systems make it vital to use digital signatures in your application files and installation packages. This does not only complying with the latest security requirements, but also giving your users confidence in your product.
- Ready for SHA-2 Code-Signing—Built-in support for Windows Secure Hash Algorithm 256 (SHA-2) to provide SHA-2 and dual SHA-1/SHA-2 type code-signing capability for maximum backward compatibility.
- Internet-based Installations—Create Web Installations to minimize bandwidth requirements by downloading only the files needed for the installation, reducing bandwidth requirements and saving time for the end user.
- Automated Web Updates—Add an automated check for update feature into your software applications. Web Update ensures that your clients are always working with the latest version of your software. It lets you specify settings for periodic updates over the Internet. This client application periodically checks the web for updates, then downloads and installs the newer files.
- Ultra Compact and Fast Installer Engine—SetupBuilder has always been the industry-leader in low-overhead, high-performance software installers and we are committed to staying leaps ahead of the competition. Compare our tiny 180 KB runtime overhead (including uninstall) to the competition and see for yourself.
- setupPROTECT—Generate Serial Numbers and Subscription Keys to protect your installations. This technology is well suited for software subscription services in which the end-users subscribe, for instance on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, etc. basis.
- Make a single installer for any number of products—Use SetupBuilder's Serial Number feature to control what components and products are available to an end-user at installation time.
- Set Access Control—Restrict or grant permission to system resources with a single script command. Set access control lists on a variety of system objects. Add, edit and remove permissions of files, registry keys, and created folders.
- Delta Updates (Binary Patching)—Create industry-standard (multi-version) byte-level patch installations to distribute repairs and updates.
- Release Management—Support for efficient project release management. Create multiple versions of an application from a single project.
- Command Line Compiler—Automate your installation build process by building your project from the command line. Works with many leading build products right out of the box.
- Visual Script Debugger—Isolate and resolve problems that arise in your installation scripts. It allows you to track changes in the variables and settings within your installation as they occur.
- International Language Support—SetupBuilder offers unsurpassed support for multilingual installations right out of the box. One installation can handle up to 29 "runtime" languages.
- Maintenance and Support Plan Included—The initial purchase of your new SetupBuilder license includes a Maintenance and Support Plan under which you are eligible for support, upgrades and updates. It also comes with a free Comodo Premium Membership that allows you to purchase Comodo certificates at a discounted price. You can purchase Comodo code-signing certificates for as little as $66 per year (on a three year term).
- Great Value—SetupBuilder includes a royalty-free license allowing for the distribution of an unlimited number of copies and use with an unlimited number of applications.
- Trusted by Professionals—Thousands of developers trust SetupBuilder to distribute their software to millions of customers and clients around the world.
Developers have already taken a stand against hard-to-use, unreliable installation tools to make SetupBuilder the standard for script-based software installations.
Please note that certain features are not available in SetupBuilder Starter or Clarion Edition. See Features by Edition.