Our Maintenance and Support Plan (MSP) ensures that you will always have the latest version of your licensed installation product without any additional cost during the term of the Plan. You get every new release, version, and feature enhancement for your licensed software, providing a budget-conscious way to ensure you're always using the most current technology. This is the easiest and by far the most economical way for you and your company to keep your software investment current.
We believe the SetupBuilder licensing scheme is simple, upfront and equitable. Our software licenses entitle you to perpetual use, and include a maintenance and support plan commencing from the date of purchase. Renewing maintenance is entirely optional.
Why is a Maintenance and Support Plan a good value?
Maintenance is "upgrade insurance." The Maintenance and Support Plan includes:
- Access to all minor and major upgrades for your product free of charge.
- Web Update can easily download up-to-the-minute updates. Updates are released on a regular basis, or immediately when the need arises 24 x 7 access to product Web Communities.
- Access to technical e-mail or fax developer support (1-year plan: 8 support incidents; 6-months plan: 4 support incidents; 60-days plan: 2 support incidents).
- Protection against price increases for the duration of your plan.
- Free Annual Lindersoft Community Premium Membership. Lindersoft Community Membership enables you to purchase selected 3rd party products at a discounted price. For example, you can purchase a original Comodo code signing certificate for as little as $66 per year (on a three year term). You can use the same certificate to sign your applications, installations and your PAD files.
- Renewal notices sent automatically, to insure your plan against expiration.
- Priority involvement in Beta Programs.
The initial purchase of your new SetupBuilder license includes a Bronze, Silver or Gold Maintenance and Support Plan under which you are eligible for support, upgrades and updates. The Bronze Maintenance and Support Plan will expire 60-days from the initial date of your new SetupBuilder license purchase. The Silver Maintenance and Support Plan will expire 6-months from the initial date of your new SetupBuilder license purchase. The Gold Maintenance and Support Plan will expire one (1) calendar year from the initial date of your new SetupBuilder license purchase. If you wish to continue your eligibility for these services, you must pay a renewal fee before or at the time of the expiration of your current Maintenance and Support Plan. The renewal of your annual Maintenance and Support Plan will extend (for another 12 months beyond the expiration date of your current plan) your eligibility for support, upgrades and updates.
If you choose not to renew your maintenance and support plan, you will be able to continue to use the versions, which were released prior to your maintenance and support plan expiration, but your license does not include future versions of the product.
No. The licensing period is based on the date that the software was released, not on the current calendar date.
When you renew your Maintenance and Support Plan, you will receive a new Maintenance Key which will allow you to download and use an additional 12 month's worth of releases. The Maintenance and Support Plan is only offered in 12 month periods. The new Maintenance and Support Plan will also include a new Annual Lindersoft Community Premium Membership.
No. You may renew your Maintenance and Support Plan at any time during the year before the expiration date. No matter how far before the expiration date you renew, your existing Maintenance and Support Plan will be extended for 12 (annual) months.
Yes, Lindersoft offers Maintenance for one or two year terms. And you can combine these options for longer term, for instance by purchasing two 2-year Maintenance for a total of 4 years, or a 1-year and a 2-year Maintenance for a total of 3 years, etc.
Once your Maintenance period expires, you can purchase an update for $279 to reactivate your expired Maintenance and Support Plan. You will receive a new Maintenance Key which will allow you to download and use an additional 12 month's worth of releases.
There is no requirement to renew your Maintenance and Support Plan! As part of our "updates philosophy", we strongly disagree with forcing customers to pay annual maintenance on a software product when they may not need or want the new features. You can always reactivate your Maintenance and Support Plan by purchasing an update for $279 when you feel the new features included in the update are worth paying for.